Friday, May 15, 2009

american dreaming, march 2009...

Highlights of my Sportel trip to San Francisco and Miami:

Location: San Francisco, en-route to Miami

My first sight of San Fran is Embarcadero, where i step off the BART, followed by a short F-Train ride to Pier 39 to see sea lions. That was a disappointment tho; they sleep a lot!

Initial plan was to rent a bike to ride the Golden Gate Bridge but late arrival of flight meant that it was a risky attempt. So, I went down to Fort Mason pier instead, where I watched a most glorious sun set over the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay area and Alcatraz.

Cousin Mike met me for a quick dinner and showed my some more sights of San Fran from the Twin Peaks and around Castro Street.

I like San Fran. I must come back for a visit that will last longer than 5 hours.


Location: Miami Beach, Miami

Front the beach in front of the hotel, I watched the US Space Shuttle Discovery launch into space from Cape Canaveral, 200 miles up beach.

On my fourth day in Miami, I decide to start off the day with a morning run along the Miami Beach-South Beach boardwalk... and it decides to rain. Nothing abnormal, except the precipitation was the first that Florida has had in 5 whole months... bringing my weather curse to new levels.

Spent time with Bin Soo and Ai Lei, without whom, I would not have had the chance to see so much more of Miami. With them, I was able to see Dademall and the Aventura area plus dinner at Hard Rock Cafe in Bayswater.

Leaving Miami for LA, the connecting flight was in a huge hurry to be ahead of schedule. We made it to LAX half an hour early, only to be made to wait 40 minutes to park... it doesn't pay, does it??

No comments:

Post a Comment