Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Deep thoughts...

... in philosophical repartee with Ell, commenting about myself being cynically-inclined but generally practical:

"Being practical does not mean that I am a doomsayer. I am a cynic by the most general of measures since the world preaches all about being happy and about a brighter side of life. I won't say I disagree with looking on brighter side of life... it's just that for someone to say "look on the bright side" means there was a side that was not so bright to begin with. I strive not to forget that not-so-bright side and (hopefully) learn from it."

Another point:

"At 38, I look back to when I was 28 and how I saw life differently then. At 38, I've become more stable, more confident and, for want of a better term, wiser than I was at 28. But then, at 28, I looked back at 18 and thought exactly the same thing!"

And yet we grow. I wonder what my perspective will be at 48...

No comments:

Post a Comment