Monday, January 11, 2010

hello 2010... it's been mortifying...

Another year. Is it just me or does time fly faster with every year one adds on to one's age?

It's been a grand old 2009 for me. I'm retrospectively browsing through my 2009 to see how much of my eff-all objective I had achieved and I shall write my observations and achievements in due time. Meanwhile, I'd just like to wish the handful of people who do read this humble and intermittent blog a Blessed and Peaceful 2010.

The date today is 11th of 01 in the year '10. Auspicious as the date may seem, it belies the tough times that we still live in. Economy is supposedly recovering and peace has yet to rear its head in Malaysia. The nation is polarised by an issue of the usage of the word "Allah". Yahweh. God.

Whatever one's religious leanings are and whatever the form or shape that God takes for a person, how can anyone want to claim an exclusivity on the name of God? If you have that much faith in the existence of God and all that is good about Him, then should we not be sharing His name with all and sundry, and IN HIS NAME?

Allah is a name that has been in use to describe God since the ancient forebears of the major monotheistic religions dating back to Abraham. Have the Jews, Muslims and Christians forgotten that they are ALL Abrahamic religions? They all acknowledge Abraham. And back in the day, Abraham worshiped only one God. He is still one and the same God, no matter what you and I choose to call Him today.

So what's in a name?? Get on with life already. There are proposals to write, hungry kids to feed and laundry to do. There's too much to do to be wasting time on arguing semantics and building petrol bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment